Residential playground equipment is playsets for fun installed in a home’s backyard or play area. Also known as home play settings, these well-structured systems can come in various shapes, themes, and materials. As the pandemic has constricted families to spend more time at home, selecting good residential playground equipment for their children has become the need of the hour.
Children playing and spending time at a residential playground is the best way to boost their holistic development. This is indeed the best way to learn while having fun!
Choosing design of residential playground equipment
You can choose from various designs and materials when it comes to home-play settings. The design can vary from swings, slides, see-saws, climbers, merry-go-rounds, or even playhouses. On average, indoor or backyard playground equipment is more flexible and easier to set up.
However, with the easy-to-use design, there come some major responsibilities too. Unlike commercial playground sets, residential sets are made in such a way that they cannot withstand heavy use or vandalism. This means you’ll have to consider various aspects like the number of kids, their weight, etc., when choosing a home playset. You may also need to keep an eye on the playground traffic to minimize deterioration.
Indoor vs. outdoor residential playground equipment
Usually, residential playground equipment can be of two types – indoor and outdoor. To choose among these, you must consider factors like:
- Available space
- The theme of the playset
- Kind of playset
- Children’s age
If you don’t have ample backyard space, indoor playground equipment is always the best choice for a child’s room or a playroom. Such structures are generally made out of safe-grade plastic to reduce injuries. Also, indoor residential playground equipment comes in various sizes according to your child’s age group, height, and weight, so shop wisely!
Safety features in residential playground equipment
We can’t stop emphasizing the safety aspects of playground equipment. Children are carefree, fragile, and prone to injuries during playing as they learn and discover new things. Therefore, there should be no compromise with the safety features of the residential playground equipment you consider. Although it may cost you extra, these few extra bucks will make the equipment safe and worth it.
Following are some things to include in your checklist to ensure a safe playset:
- A well-equipped team of designers, engineers, and installers
- Solid beam construction
- Well-engineered hardware and soft ropes
- Less risky factors like sharp/rough edges, many nuts and bolts, wooden parts with splinters, etc.
- No entrapment hazards
- Non-toxic material
- Textured grips
- Guardrails and protective screens
- Ambient space between the playset and other objects in the area
Selecting the right entertainment equipment for your children can be as fun as watching them enjoy it. Thankfully, All Play, Inc provides the best-quality and best-in-safety residential playground equipment in Houston. We have a wide variety of fun playground equipment for all age groups and requirements. With over 30 years of experience, we understand and provide the best playground equipment for your children to play, learn, and grow. Get in touch with us today at (713) 939-9888.
The question of whether technology is a boon or a curse can set quite a debate. Especially when it comes to children, the new tech can fulfill both roles agreeably. It has the potential to foster the child’s creativity and contribute to overall growth. While it is also true that it deprives today’s children of enjoying the fun of playing outside. The CDC recommends that a child should have a physical activity of about 60 minutes or more every day.
It can influence muscle and bone strengthening, prevent childhood obesity, and can also lower stress levels. Perhaps, you are well aware of these benefits and recall your own childhood experience of playing out. However, parents can be worried about the safety of their children. The pandemic-driven days have demanded extra care to be taken. In these cases, setting up outdoor playground equipment in Houston in the open space around the house can be most convenient.
This article will guide you about all the aspects of residential playground equipment.
What are the available options?
Undoubtedly, Houston has many over-the-top parks for kids to play in. Yet, parents can give that fun to their kids right in their own backyard.
These are the must-have sets for outdoor playground equipment in Houston:
- Swings: Swings are the perfect choice if a child wants to get his/her feet off the ground. There are plenty of picks available. For children under five years, a bucket swing can come in handy. You can try out belt swings, tire, and daydreamer swings as kids grow. Glider swing is one that the kids and even parents can enjoy at times.
- Slides: A conventional slide can also do the work. Yet, the variants of wave slide, spiral slide, and tube slide add some extra adventure. The tube slide could be less popular as outdoor playground equipment in Houston as it takes space.
- Something to climb: Improving body coordination through climbing is an awesome activity. A wall made up of solid material can add a lot of fun while playing. If not a wall, you can also think of a rope ladder.
- Addons: There can’t be enough of bouncing on a trampoline for kids. Also, monkey bars, crawl tunnels, and ship wheels complement the backyard well.
Things to look after while setting up a playground
While kids are in the safety of their house playing outdoor playground equipment in Houston, parents need to examine how safe this equipment is for children.
Give a thought to the things below for a completely safe environment:
- Avoid wooden equipment since it can be susceptible to pests and weather.
- If wooden sets can’t be avoided, go for the durable cedar wood.
- The material used in the equipment should be sturdy so as to avoid corrosion.
- No crowding; there should be enough clearance between components.
- The playground equipment can need periodic maintenance.
- Do not leave any overhanging electrical wires or tree branches where children play.
If you have made up your mind after going through this blog, All Play Does it all is an excellent manufacturer of outdoor playground equipment in Houston. Head over to the site to create a childhood of backyard fun.